A tanker truck carrying milk was trying to navigate residential streets near Los Angeles when it crashed into several parked cars alongside the road. A few cars were pushed out of the way, and one car was thrown into a residential front yard before the tanker became wedged against a minivan. Thankfully, the truck accident occurred around 2:00 a.m. when no other drivers were on the road. The truck driver was the only person involved and did not suffer injuries. Although no one was hurt, there was extensive property damage.
When people are injured or suffer other losses because of the negligence of truck drivers, trucking companies, or other parties involved in the trucking industry, they can often recover significant compensation. As an accident victim, it is important to understand that trucking companies and their insurers are ready to aggressively defend and deny any claims against them. This makes it highly advisable to retain an attorney after any trucking accident.
How to find a personal injury lawyer in Los Angeles
If you are like many other accident victims, you may understand that you should talk to an attorney, but may not know where to start. Here are some of the ways you can find a good personal injury attorney:
- Talk to any friends or family who may have retained a personal injury lawyer before.
- Contact the California Bar Association.
- Conduct a basic internet search.=
- Look on various legal directories, both online and offline.
How to choose a truck accident attorney in Los Angeles
Now that you have found some lawyers who could potentially represent you, how do you choose the right one for you? It is important to keep in mind that there are thousands of attorneys in Southern California who would be more than willing to take your case, but not all of them are going to be able to obtain the same results and the compensation you need.
Personal injury law is extremely complicated, and a lawyer’s experience and skill could have a significant impact on how much compensation you recover—or if you recover compensation at all. In addition, you should also find a lawyer that you get along with personally, as you may be working with him or her for several months or more.
Here are some of the qualities you should look for in a Los Angeles personal injury attorney:
- Experience. Ask if the lawyer you are considering has handled similar cases in the past and whether he or she is comfortable taking your case to court.
- Communication. One of the main complaints that people have regarding their lawyers is that he or she fails to return their phone calls or emails. Ask whether you’ll be communicating directly with the attorney or a member of his or her staff. Also, ask whether he or she prefers emails, texts, or phone calls.
- Previous Results. Ask about how cases similar to yours have been resolved in the past. While prior case results are never a guarantee, they can inform your decision and give you an idea of what kind of result you may expect.
Consult with a Los Angeles truck accident lawyer for help today
If you have been hurt in a truck accident, you should call Blair & Ramirez LLP today to discuss your case with an experienced truck accident attorney in the Los Angeles area. We will review your case at no cost to you. To schedule a free case evaluation, call (213) 568-4000 or contact us online.