- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (213) 568-4000
- Office: 515 S Flower St 19th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071
Blair & Ramirez LLP: Your Los Angeles Personal Injury & Employment Attorneys
Oscar Ramirez is a trial attorney with a practice emphasis on employment and serious personal injury matters. His experience includes general commercial business disputes, catastrophic injuries, and employment-related disputes (wrongful termination, retaliation, harassment, and wage & hour class action cases.)
He has successfully represented both plaintiffs and defendants in federal and state court (bench trials and jury trials), mediations, and arbitrations. His work has resulted in numerous favorable verdicts, judgments, settlements, and arbitration awards. He has experience first chairing state court trials, as well as co-chairing them numerous times, resulting in six-figure and seven-figure judgments. His clients have ranged from individuals and entrepreneurial businesses to international companies. Mr. Ramirez is also a certified mediator. He served as a volunteer mediator for the Los Angeles Superior Court’s Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) program.
Prior to founding Blair & Ramirez LLP, Mr. Ramirez was managing partner at a boutique employment law firm with an emphasis on trial practice. Prior to that, Mr. Ramirez was a post-graduate funded fellow at Public Counsel (Community Development Project), where he provided transactional corporate assistance to microbusinesses and nonprofit corporations. He has also served as an extern for MALDEF (Mexican American Legal Defense & Education Fund.)
Mr. Ramirez has appeared as a legal commentator on CNN Latino, Telemundo, and Fox News Latino. In addition to his television exposure, Mr. Ramirez has been asked to speak at Bridgeport legal seminars on employment law topics.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, California Employment Lawyers Association
- Member, Labor & Employment Law Section, State Bar of California
- Member, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Board of Directors, East LA Classic Theatre (Language in Play)
- Loyola Law School, J.D.
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A.
- Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law (Mediating the Litigated Case)
- Managing Partner, Boutique Trial Law Firm
- Fellow, Public Counsel
- Extern, Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Employment Law
- Wrongful Termination
- Sexual Harassment
- Whistleblower Retaliation
- Discrimination & Harassment
- Personal Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Auto Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Neck & Whiplash Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Disability Discrimination
- Unpaid Wages
Verdicts & Settlements
In the last decade, Mr. Ramirez has established a proven track record of success in trial advocacy and class action certifications. Mr. Ramirez has consistently won trial victories on behalf of clients in many areas of employment and business law. In fact, Mr. Ramirez is most proud of a hard-fought undefeated record in taking plaintiff-side matters to trial.
Countless courts have appointed Mr. Ramirez and his team as lead class counsel in numerous successful class action certification matters. These successes have allowed Mr. Ramirez’s clients to recover tens of millions of dollars in compensation.
- Super Lawyers, "Rising Star"
- Judicial Extern to Chief Administrative Judge Larry Abrams of the U.S. Equal Employment & Opportunity Commission (EEOC.)
- Western Regional Jessup Moot Court Competition, Honorable Mention Brief Award & Oral Argument Semi-Finalist
- Loyola Law School Moot Court Competition “Top Ten Brief” Award
- Mexican-American Bar Foundation, Scholar Award
- Foundation of the State Bar of California, Merit Scholar
Call us for a free consultation.
The experienced team of attorneys at Blair & Ramirez LLP is ready to help you. Call us at (213) 568-4000 for a free consultation with our team.