Irvine and Orange County Slip and Fall Lawyers
Learn how a slip and fall attorney in Orange County, CA, can assist you
Serious Slip and Fall Injuries
A slip and fall accident often happens when you least expect it. Even though these accidents commonly occur on level ground and there is not that far to fall, this means that you have little-to-no time to react and try to keep yourself from falling. When people try to catch themselves in a slip and fall, the impact often results in additional injuries instead of preventing them.
Some common slip and fall injuries might include:
- Soft tissue sprains, strains, and tears
- Neck and back injuries
- Fractures, including broken hips
- Spinal cord injuries
- Concussions and more serious traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Tailbone injuries
All of these injuries should be properly diagnosed and treated by medical professionals as soon as possible following an accident. Then, you should discuss your accident and injuries with a slip and fall lawyer in Orange County right away.
Why hire an attorney for a slip and fall claim?
Many people might think it is “overreacting” to hire an attorney after a slip and fall. However, an experienced attorney can help ensure that your rights are fully protected and that you receive full compensation for your losses. Many slip and fall accidents happen in stores or other businesses, and these companies have insurance companies and legal teams that are ready to fight liability. Facing off against a corporate insurance company on your own can be a challenging task for many reasons, including:
- The insurer might try to challenge their liability for your slip and fall.
The insurer might challenge the severity of your injuries and whether all of your medical treatment was necessary.
- The insurer might attempt to avoid paying for your lost wages by arguing that you should not have to miss work.
- The insurer might try to convince you that your only option is to take the first settlement offer, which is likely to be far lower than you deserve.
Many people who do not have the right legal representation for a slip and fall claim end up with far less compensation than they deserve. You should not be liable for your losses when a company’s negligence caused your accident, so it is almost always beneficial to have assistance from an injury attorney from the start of the claims process.
What can a slip and fall injury attorney do for you?
There are many different ways that a slip and fall attorney in Irvine can help you from the start-to-finish of your case. Here are some of the ways our attorneys assist clients following an injury:
- Provide a free case evaluation and advise whether you have a case.
- Determine which negligent party or parties should be held liable for your losses.
- Calculate the value of your existing and future estimated losses to determine the value of your claim.
- Prepare and file claims with the proper insurance companies.
- Provide any supporting documentation needed to support your claim.
- Handle all communications with the insurance adjusters and adverse parties.
- Review settlement offers and negotiate for a higher amount, if needed.
- Advise you if it is in your best interests to accept the insurance offer.
- If the insurance company will not offer enough, file a personal injury lawsuit in civil court on your behalf.
- Handle the litigation process until we reach a favorable settlement agreement or need to represent you at trial.
While you are dealing with your medical treatment and recovery from your injuries, let our experienced team of attorneys handle all of the above for you.
How to find a slip and fall attorney
Once you decide to seek help from a lawyer, how do you actually find the right one? A Google search for “Orange County slip and fall accident attorneys” returns nearly four million results. So, how do you sort through them all? First, see if you have any trusted friends or family members who have hired an injury attorney they were happy with. These recommendations can help you decide whether an attorney will provide the level of service you are seeking. However, beware of recommendations for attorneys who do not have extensive experience with personal injury cases. Just because a law firm helped someone with a DUI case or a divorce does not mean the firm knows how to handle complex, injury-related insurance negotiations.
You should also use online resources—such as Avvo reviews or the state bar association—that provides information about attorneys in California. Once you have a lead on a possible attorney, you should schedule a free case evaluation, which might be in-person or over the phone. Have a list of questions for the attorney, including:
- How many slip and fall cases have you handled?
- What were the outcomes of those cases?
- What is your litigation experience? Do you ever have to take cases to court?
- How often can I expect to receive updates about my claim?
- What will you need from me to start my case?
Feel free to ask us any of these questions about our services.
We also provide legal representation for personal injury in these areas
- Los Angeles personal injury
- Irvine/Orange County personal injury
- Glendale personal injury
- San Bernardino personal injury
- Long Beach personal injury
- Riverside personal injury