RV and motorhome accident attorney in Los Angeles
Representing the rights of clients injured in RV crashes
Many people purchase recreational vehicles (RVs) and motorhomes as a way to get outside and see the country. These vehicles come in many different shapes and sizes, and many homeowners find them a convenient alternative to staying in hotels or camping. However, due to their large size, it is always important to remember that RVs and motorhomes can cause serious damage and injuries if they are involved in an accident.
There are many reasons why these large vehicles crash, and injured accident victims can have their lives changed in a moment. If you suffered injuries in this type of accident, you are likely dealing with medical bills and many other losses. If an RV driver or another party caused the accident, you are entitled to compensation for your injuries, suffering, and other losses.
To ensure that you get the financial recovery you deserve, you should not wait to call our California RV accident attorneys at Blair & Ramirez LLP. We can assess whether you have a claim against liable parties and will see your case through to the best-possible outcome. Call our office today for a free consultation.
Request A Free Consultation
Recovering for your losses
If someone else was responsible for causing the crash, you should be able to obtain compensation for your medical bills, lost income from missing work, pain and suffering, and more. This is true whether you were in the RV, in another vehicle, or were a cyclist or pedestrian injured in the crash. The insurance process can be complicated and is designed to limit the losses of the liable parties covered by the insurance policy. It is important to have an experienced legal advocate on your side who regularly helps RV and motorhome accident victims.
How these accidents happen
As with all types of traffic accidents, there are many potential reasons why accidents occur. It is important to consult with a motorhome accident lawyer in California who can help determine the cause of your specific crash. This is imperative: in order to recover compensation for your losses, there needs to be a liable party. Our recreational vehicle accident attorneys in Los Angeles have seen many different causes of RV crashes, and we know that these vehicles have particular risks. Some risks that can lead to an accident include the following:
- Most RV and motorhome drivers do not need a special license or training to operate these large vehicles.
- Many of these recreational vehicles have large blind spots that do not exist on regular passenger cars and trucks. Failing to see another vehicle in a blind spot can lead to collisions when turning or changing lanes.
- Many people use RVs for family road trips, which means there are potential distractions in the vehicle. If a motorhome driver is distracted, they can easily miss obstacles or depart from their lane, which can cause a serious crash.
- In an attempt to get to their destination sooner, RV drivers often try to stay on the road for long hours—often much longer than they should. This can lead to the driver falling asleep at the wheel, which can have devastating results.
- Motorhomes and RVs are tall—and often long—vehicles, which means they have a high center of gravity on a narrow wheelbase. They are highly prone to rollover crashes if a driver accidentally hits a curb or a pothole, or takes a turn too fast.
These are only some of the many reasons why RVs can be risky on the road. In many cases, it might be immediately clear what caused a crash. In others, some degree of investigation may be required. Your attorney can help identify whether the RV driver or another party was negligent and at fault.