Truck Accident Lawyer Bakersfield
We are dedicated truck accident attorneys.
Truck accidents are some of the most violent and deadliest accidents on our roadways. If a truck driver’s negligence leaves you injured, just compensation that covers your physical, financial, and emotional losses can help you on the road toward your most complete recovery. Because truck accident claims are challenging and your health and well-being are paramount, having the professional legal counsel of an experienced truck accident lawyer in Bakersfield on your side is always in your best interests.
Highway 99 Accident Stats and Facts
According to ValuePenguin, all the following facts and stats apply to Highway 99 (all culled from data for the years from 2015 to 2019):
- 30 percent of all 304 fatal accidents on Highway 99 involved alcohol, which ties for the 10th most dangerous roadway in terms of alcohol.
- Highway 99 is tied for sixth in terms of how many of its fatal accidents occurred at night (63 percent).
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Like the majority of traffic accidents out there, truck accidents are often caused by driver negligence. The fact that truck drivers are professional drivers means that they face more rules and restrictions related to safety. All too often, however, truck accidents are caused by truck driver negligence, which can come in any of the following dangerous forms:
- Excess speed
- Failure to follow the rules of the road
Why Highway 99 Is So Dangerous
"What I love about this firm is that they listen and really take the time to explain everything... legal jargon looks greek to me, but they break it down simply. They made me feel like they had my back every step of the way. Mr. Ramirez and Mr. Blair are attorneys I can honestly say I trust & recommend 100%"
Types Of Truck Accidents
What You Should Do If You Were in a Truck Accident in Bakersfield
Every truck accident claim includes its own unique set of facts and circumstances, but the basic first steps forward that every truck accident victim should take include:
- Seeking immediate medical attention (even if you do not believe you were seriously injured)
- Consulting with a dedicated Bakersfield truck accident lawyer as soon as you can
- Following your doctor’s orders, instructions, and advice carefully
- Allowing your experienced Bakersfield truck accident lawyer to communicate – and negotiate – with the involved insurance company on your behalf
- Taking a social media break while your claim is pending
While the insurance company handling your claim is paid to do so, it is motivated to keep your settlement as low as possible. To achieve this goal, it will be watching and waiting for you to make a statement, post something, or do something that it can use to discredit your claim. By following the steps above, you help to ensure the insurance company does get the upper hand.
Recovering fair compensation after a truck accident.
If you or a loved one has been either injured or killed in a truck accident, you need Blair & Ramirez LLP—an experienced Bakersfield truck accident attorney—to stand by you and help you receive financial compensation for injuries and other costs associated with the accident.
Truck accidents are different from car accidents, and these cases can be complex. Our attorneys have years of experience dealing with trucking companies and insurance companies so that you receive compensation for personal injuries or the loss of a loved one.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
The immense impact generated by semi accidents can leave you with nearly any kind of injury. The one constant is that you can expect your injuries to be serious. Some of the injuries most commonly associated with truck accidents include:
- Broken bones, which are immensely painful injuries that are slow to heal and can lead to even more serious complications
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) that, because they affect the brain, are as unpredictable in their effects as they are dangerous
- Spinal cord injuries, which, when severe, can lead to permanent paralysis and medical needs that are ongoing
- Burns and cuts, which are not only exceptionally painful but are also very closely associated with serious infections and can be permanently disfiguring
Truck Accident Investigations
As soon as you contact a seasoned Bakersfield truck accident attorney, you can count on your legal team to kick off a thorough truck accident investigation, which can include all the following:
- Gathering all the relevant evidence, including the police report, photos and videos from the accident, eyewitness testimony, and more
- Hiring expert witnesses who have the expertise to flesh out the physics and facts of the truck accident that left you injured
- Having accident models created that help to provide a more thorough accounting of the truck accident that left you injured
- Digging more deeply into the root cause of the truck accident that left you injured
Factors Affecting Your Settlement
A wide range of factors can affect your settlement, but the stronger your claim, the better your chances of obtaining a fair settlement. Having a dedicated truck accident lawyer on your side is the surest way to bolster the strength of your claim.
Selecting a Law Firm to Represent You
The right law firm for you is the law firm that makes you feel heard and with which you feel comfortable sharing your difficult experience.
What Is My Truck Accident Claim Worth?
Common Truck Accident Questions
If you’ve been injured by a truck driver’s negligence, the answers to some of the most commonly asked truck accident questions can help.
Should I accept the trucking company’s settlement offer?
Who can be held liable for a truck accident?
Whoever is at fault for the truck accident that leaves you injured can be held responsible. Truck drivers are professional drivers who are held to more stringent safety constraints, and their negligence is often the root cause of truck accidents. Trucking companies, however, can also bear all or part of the liability for failing to live up to any of the following responsibilities:
- Hiring licensed, responsible, and skilled truck drivers
- Maintaining a roadworthy fleet of rigs
- Implementing and enforcing careful truck maintenance schedules
- Ensuring that cargo is loaded according to safety standards
- Not pushing truckers to overperform
What is the deadline for filing a claim?
Why do I need a truck accident attorney?
The legalities of truck accident claims are complicated, and a truck accident attorney has considerable experience successfully pursuing the compensation to which accident victims like you are entitled. Consider all the following tasks your auto accident attorney will capably tackle:
- Skillfully negotiating for a settlement that is equal to your total losses
- Helping you understand the claims process and ensuring that you have the information necessary to make the right decisions for you throughout the process
- Communicating with the insurance company on your behalf (and helping to ensure that the insurance rep does not elicit a statement from you that goes on to harm your claim)
- Preparing for court (in the event the insurance company will not negotiate in good faith)
Having a knowledgeable truck accident lawyer in your corner can greatly improve your chances of fully recovering on your losses.
What if I can’t afford medical treatment? Can you help me?
In California, you have options when it comes to obtaining the medical treatment you need post-accident. If you cannot afford to cover your medical needs – and your insurance isn’t up to the task – your truck accident attorney can help you find a doctor who provides care on a lien basis. This help means that you receive the medical care you need now, and your medical bills will ultimately be paid out of your pending truck accident claim.
If my injuries make me unable to work, can you help me get by?
If the injuries you incur in a truck accident leave you unable to work, you may be entitled to short-term disability, which helps those who are temporarily unable to continue working due to accidents that are not job-related. Your truck accident attorney will help to ensure that you receive the financial help to which you are entitled post-accident.
Who is typically responsible for causing truck accidents?
Truck drivers are often responsible for causing dangerous truck accidents. The trucking company, however, can also shoulder part or all of the responsibility – depending upon the circumstances involved.
How long do I have to file my lawsuit after a truck injury accident?
In California, you have only two years from the date of the injury-causing truck accident to file a lawsuit, known as the statute of limitations.
How long do truck lawsuit cases usually last?
The specifics of your case will determine how long it takes for your lawsuit to be resolved. Your truck accident attorney will want to take the time necessary to ensure you are fairly compensated while endeavoring to ensure that the trucking company and its insurance provider do not artificially prolong the process.
How does your firm prove negligence and win truck cases?
Proving negligence on the part of the truck driver or trucking company is a critical component of the claims process, and at Blair & Ramirez LLP, we take the matter exceptionally seriously. Our process involves engaging in extensive evidence collection coupled with obtaining expert testimony, compelling accident recreation models, and more.
What types of damages and monetary claims can I make in my case?
You can seek compensation for the losses you experience in all the following areas:
- Property damage to your vehicle
- Your medical expenses
- Your lost earnings
- Your physical and emotional pain and suffering
What non-economic damages can be awarded?
Non-economic losses (or damages) can play an important role in your claim. A primary example of this form of loss is the physical and psychological pain and suffering you endure as a result of the other party’s negligence.